The Higgins Armory Museum is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, about an hour from Wakefield. Directions to the Armory can be found here.
You should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toothbrush, PJs, and a change of clothes for Sunday. Air mattresses are OK; tents are not.
Details of the program are below. For more information, including an overview of the museum's collection, you can visit their website. If you have any questions, please call Jeff Crump or your den leader.
- 5:30-6:00 p.m. Participants arrive and set-up sleeping gear in the Quest Gallery.
- 6:00-7:00 p.m. The group enjoys dinner, a Medieval-style banquet.
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. The evening formally begins with a presentation on the Arms and Armor of a Knight, including an extended hands-on section where participants can try on pieces of armor and equipment.
- 8:00-8:30 p.m. A guided tour of the collection follows.
- 8:30-9:30 p.m. Participants return to the classroom for a heraldry lesson and shield workshop.
- 9:30-10:00 p.m. Prior to lights-out, a bedtime snack will be served. Decaffeinated coffee and tea are available for adult guests.
- 10:00 p.m. Lights out.
- 6:15 a.m. Wake-up call.
- 6:30-7:00 a.m. Continental breakfast: assorted baked goods, cereal, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee and tea.
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. Participants return to the Great Hall for a Quest: a scavenger hunt for the "Elements of the Chivalric Code".
- 8:00-8:30 a.m. After successfully completing this Quest, a Knighting Ceremony will be conducted by the Nobles of the Realm (Group Leaders).
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. Visit to the Museum gift store.
- 9:00 a.m. Departure.